AF-S Fisheye 8-15mm f/3.5-4.5E ED
Amplify your creativity and discover new perspectives with the AF-S Fisheye 8-15mm f/3.5-4.5E ED, NIKKOR’s first ever fisheye zoom lens. With the ability to achieve a circular fisheye and full-frame fisheye effect, the AF-S Fisheye 8-15mm f/3.5-4.5E ED brings together incredible optical performance with an unobstructed angle of view, all with minimal distortion across the entire frame.
Experience a new perspective
Capture a full 180° like never before with the eye-opening AF-S Fisheye 8-15mm f/3.5-4.5E ED, NIKKOR’s first fisheye zoom lens. Create dramatic shots with the lens’ 2 unique fisheye effects: a circular fisheye effect gives you maximum 180° wide-angle position vertically and horizontally with FX-format1 DSLRs; and a full-frame fisheye effect provides a 180° of view from the telephoto end of the lens with FX-format DSLRs, and from the DX mark2 with DX-format3 DSLRs.
Superior performance from every angle
Made with cutting-edge NIKKOR technology, the AF-S Fisheye 8-15mm f/3.5-4.5E ED delivers uncompromising quality in every shot. 3 Extra-Low Dispersion glass elements minimise prism-coloured dispersion and effectively reduce colour fringing caused by lateral chromatic aberration, while 2 aspherical lens elements help to reduce sagittal coma flares. Nano Crystal Coat provides a superb anti-reflective surface, effective throughout the spectrum of visible light waves.
Built to last
Designed with a dust and drip-resistant structure, the AF-S Fisheye 8-15mm f/3.5-4.5E ED is made to perform – even when conditions are less than ideal. A fluorine coat is also applied to the extreme front and end of the lens surface, effectively repelling dust, water droplets, grease and dirt for easy maintenance.
Quick on the draw
For easy handling and operability, the AF-S Fisheye 8-15mm f/3.5-4.5E ED comes with a HB-80 Bayonet Hood and LC-K102 Slip-on Front Lens Cap that can be attached and removed together to help prevent vignetting. Alternatively, when you need a full-frame fisheye effect (with a DX format DSLR), or when shooting from a telephoto position with a FX format DSLR, the lens cap itself can be detached with the lens hood still mounted on the lens.
- Enables shooting at an angle of view of 180° vertical and horizontal (circular fisheye) when zoomed all the way out, and 180° diagonal (full-frame fisheye) when zoomed close to all the way in with shooting in FX format
- A full-frame fisheye effect with a diagonal angle of view of up to 180° can be achieved in the range that begins at the DX mark* on the lens and ends at the maximum telephoto position with shooting in DX format
- Realizes very sharp and clear rendering from maximum aperture throughout the zoom range
- A minimum focus distance of 0.16 m (0.5 ft.) and a maximum reproduction ratio of 0.34x enable sharp and clear rendering, even with shooting at close distances
- Adoption of three ED glass elements provides effective compensation for lateral chromatic aberration, minimizing color bleed at the edges of the frame
- Nano Crystal Coat adopted to effectively reduce ghost and flare for sharp, clear images
- Adopted a dust- and drip-resistant structure with all moving parts of the lens barrel
- Highly durable fluorine coat that effectively repels dust, water, grease, and dirt applied to the outer surfaces of the two lens elements at either end (front and rear) of the lens